Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Oh, goodness. Must read this...

  ATTENTION WOMEN.. THIS IS TRAGIC. AND IT MUST CHANGE.
            Come on ladies, really?  I was looking at Fox News and I found an article about women, and our exercise habits.. not good.  It says that we are HALF as likely to exercise for at least 30 minutes a day.. THIRTY minutes? I wonder why this is, really...
             
      My thoughts are that we are too busy, and men don't do anything..ever. JOKING JOKING!!
I really want to know your thoughts about this, men and women, and I want to come to a conclusion.  There is no excuse for women to not be exercising.  It makes everything better, really.  I don't  know if it's a motivation problem, or what, but it needs to change.  
            One idea that I had is the whole gym-scene problem.  I know guys like to compare themselves to other guys, see who's bigger- that sort of thing.  Women would just rather snap a finger and they be skinny, am I right?  
     Well, this isn't going to happen.  We do have a harder time shedding fat, but it can still be done! Don't lose hope!!  We may have to spend more time in our running shoes, but it CAN be done.  We just have to stick to a schedule and make ourselves get off the couch or out of the office to get some fresh air.  Go walking if your body can't handle impact of running (I'm getting there, trust me!), hit a treadmill, do some lunges, abs, jumping jacks, ANYTHING. For thirty minutes a day, get out there and DO something!! I tend to get more and more motivated when the weather is so beautiful, and where I am, there's no hiding that fact.  Everyone gets out and goes for a jog- it's like the whole campus just joined the cross country team- people come out of the woodwork for this weather! 
        Find something that motivates you, and surround yourself with it.  While you're doing this, watch what you're eating.  Just because you're exercising more than normal doesn't mean you can eat candy all day.  (Not saying that I don't have those days, because I definitely do.)  You will probably think less about food, anyway.  I know when I think about eating after I have done so well (running at least once a day, realistically) with exercising, I have to force myself to eat- and I usually choose all veggies (the vegetarian thing didn't last past the Easter ham, haha).  
        Anyway, I hope this helps a little, and be sure to check out this article that I'm posting below.. it's good stuff. Well, it could be better.. but you know what I mean!!

      Save those pennies, and I hope you're having a great week!! 
Be sure to comment and tell me your thoughts after you read the article :)

-Skinny student

No comments:

Post a Comment